The protection of personal information in the private sector is required by the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (“Act”). All employees, officers and agents of Cape Cod Australia are expected to comply with the Act and Cape Cod Australia’s policy concerning the protection of personal information.
Cape Cod Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided, in accordance with this policy or in accordance with the Act. Collection of information.
Any personal details that you provide as a result of accessing the Cape Cod Australia website will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request or enquiry.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to third parties, either to provide the service you have requested, or as a requirement under law.
Other than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you give us to any organisation or person outside Cape Cod Australia, unless you have authorised us to do so, and we do not use or disclose any personal details that you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing.
Access and correction of personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can seek access to the personal information held about you or notify us of any change, modification or correction, by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address given below.
Management and security of personal information
We use all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected is held securely. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any complaints relating to privacy issues at Cape Cod Australia,
please mail to:
The Privacy Officer
Cape Cod Australia
PO Box 2002, North Parramatta NSW 1750
About the HERC Index
1. The Home Extension & Renovation Index website (‘Site’) is published by Cape Cod Australia Pty Limited ACN 000 605 407 (‘Company’). By visiting and using the ‘Site’, including any linked pages or information owned by the Company, you agree to be bound by and abide by the following terms and conditions.
2. Any disputes arising from, in relation to or in connection with the information contained on this Site are to be governed by the law of the State of New South Wales. By visiting and using the Site you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
3. The materials on this Site have been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this Site, or on any other website accessed via this Site or otherwise, may not necessarily be accurate, complete or current.
4. No person should act or fail to act on the basis of these materials. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees and agents disclaim any liability (including liability for negligence) to any person arising out of: any action or failure to act by any person in accessing, downloading, uploading, using or relying on or dealing in any way with any materials from the Site or from any other website on the Internet; any errors or omissions on the Site or on any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to errors or omissions arising as a result of the negligence of the Company or its officers, employees and agents); or any delay or interruption in access to or use of the Site or any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to delay or interruption arising as a result of the negligence of the Company or its officers, employees and agents).
5. You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using the Site or any other website on the Internet and in relation to any information or material available from those sites. The Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to delete, alter or move any message or other posted material on the Site. The Company is under no obligation to update any information on the Site, or to correct any inaccuracy on the Site that may become apparent at a later time.
6. The information provided in the Site, and its design, text, graphics and software, are (unless otherwise stated) copyright of the Company.
7. You are granted a revocable license to download the materials contained in this Site for your personal use, including for the purpose for transacting with the Company. You must not otherwise modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload, post, transmit or distribute the contents of the Site in any way, except as expressly provided for on the Site, or with the written authorisation of the Company.
8. The Company does not warrant the accuracy of any hypertext links provided on the Site, nor the suitability or accuracy of any content located at those links. Links and frames connecting the Site with other websites are for convenience only and do not mean that the Company is associated with, endorses or approves those other websites, their content, or the people who run or contribute to them. Use or reliance on the content of those websites is at the user’s own risk.
9. The Company does not represent or warrant that any files displayed or obtained from or through this Site, or and other website linked to it, are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be accessed or used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of those files. The Company’s liability for such an event is limited to the resupply of those files.